Gift a la Carte .com LLC
Skitter's Assembly Instructions:
1. Check components :-
a) Main body.
If missing any components, you may come to our booth in Orange
County Market Place, or to our warehouse, or contact the shop you bought the
Skitter to get the replacement.
2. Turn the main body (a) upside down. Slide the sponge sleeve off the metal column of the front wheel unit (c). Insert the metal column of (c) into the bottom steering hole of (a), replace the sponge sleeve and continue to the upper hole of (a). Make sure most of the bearing of column of (c) is sit inside the bottom socket of (a). Usually it can be pushed in, but using the butt of a hammer can make job easier.
3. Insert the rear left leg (d) into the rear left leg socket of the main body (a) until you hear the click. If it is hard to insert the leg. The seat column inside the main body (a) leg socket may be off position. You can use a screw driver to push the column towards the center of the leg socket of (a). or push the seat cover at the column position inward, column may move to the center. In the worst case, unscrew the three seat cover screws, and take off the seat cover. Install the legs, then replace the seat cover.
4. Insert the rear right leg (e) into the rear right leg socket of the main body (a) until you hear the click. If it is hard to insert the leg. The seat column inside the main body (a) leg socket may be off position. You can use a screw driver to push the column towards the center of the leg socket of (a).
5. Turn the Skitter back to normal position to install the steering unit (b). Take off the red nut cap in the middle of Steering unit (b). Turn the nut until the bottom part of the expansion screw is just touching (just tight) the tube, insert expansion screw of (b) into the upper hole of the metal column of the front wheels unit (c) via the top hole of the main body (a). Align the Steering unit (b) with the Front wheels unit (c), both pointing at the same direction. The easy way is to place the Skitter in standing position as the following pictures. Then use a 17mm socket (not provided) to tighten the nut of (b). Replace the nut cap.
6. Assemble is done, you can have a test drive now (only if you are less than 120 lbs).
1. Disassemble the steering column; Use a knife to take off the red cap. Use a (not provided) 17mm socket and a wrench (turn counter clockwise) to loosen the nut of the expansion screw. Tap the screw inward (use the butt of the screw driver) to loose the steering wheel, and then pull it out of the column.
2. Turn the Skitter up side down, pull the front wheel unit out of the main body; you may use your legs step on the arch of the main body, then pull the front wheel unit upward. After it is out of the main body, put the black sponge back on the column. While the main body is up side down, use a Phillip screw driver to unscrew the three seat cover screws, the seat cover should come off.
4. Use the hand to push the 4 spines of the rear left wheel unit inward and out of the main body. Repeat this for the rear right wheel unit.
5. Replace the seat cover and reset the seat cover screws.
6. Disassemble of Skitter is done.
2. Replace the nuts, verify the wheels can turn freely, if
not, loosen the nut a little bit.